Here is some fun laser hair removal statistics. We looked at Groupon.com and pulled as many laser hair removal deals that we could find on their site. We normalized this down to the smallest body part, the armpit, since most Groupon offers will count that as a 1 session. We excluded all the offers that were based on spa credits, opting instead to only look at the pure laser hair removal offers.
In the end we ended up analyzing:
– 381 deals
– covering 120 markets
– located in 47 states/provinces (we only looked at North America)
– covering deals from July 19, 2009 to February 8, 2011
Here is what we discovered:
– Groupon has sold $32.5M worth of laser hair removal services ($35,544,241 based on what we analyzed)
– Based on the stated regular price, this would have saved consumers over $200M in laser hair removal services
– The $32.5M represents 281,590 units sold and if you equate that to the number of sessions that would mean 1,263,131 total laser hair removal sessions sold
That’s a lot of laser hair removal. If we were to add up the offers from LivingSocial + offers from all the daily deal sites around north america that number would be much larger. I think the bottom line is this, laser hair removal is clearly popular and daily deal sites such as Groupon offer a great way to save some money. We have done numerous posts on Laser Hair Removal Pricing in Canada, check them out.
What was the best/worst offer from Groupon?
Which business in North America, grossly overstated their regular price?
What is the breakdown by state/province?
Stay tuned – we have lots of data that we will be sharing with you.